Skip to content
Cannoli Cream Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Great filling for cannoli's or any accompaniment to any dessert.
- 1 15 oz. container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Stevia Granulated White Sweetener
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
- for garnish unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chopped, for garnish pistachios
- Set the ricotta cheese in a sieve set over a mixing bowl.
- Push the cheese through the strainer with a solid object such as a wooden spoon.
- Scrape any cheese from the outside of the sieve using a cake spatula, setting the excess back into the mix.
- Take the ricotta cheese and add all other ingredients, leaving out the cocoa and pistachios, until the cream is homogenized and creamy.
- Cover for 2-4 hours, topped with sprinklings of cocoa chopped pistachios, or stuff into cannoli shells for a traditional treat.